Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Me, nothing to say?

Well, it seems I've made it another week and am back in front of the computer to write my blog.  It took me a while to decide what to write about, at first, I was thinking I'd not have anything for tonight, but those that know me, rarely find me at a loss for words.

This past weekend I did an awful lot of cleaning out.  I had to work in the basement to clean up the leftovers from some mice/rats we had a time ago.  Doing so led me to open lots of boxes of my "treasures".  Some of the things I found were a Polaroid from my 15th birthday, my old pager, a note from my high school girlfriend and some parts to my minidisc recorder.

It was really interesting to me finding these items, because when they were current, I was living here in this same house as a teenager.  Now though, I was looking at these things as a 32 year old married father of 2 kids.

Wow, when I type that out, I sound like such an adult.  It is amazing, I mentioned this a while back on Facebook, but my minds eye doesn't see me as a grown up.  To me, it is still 15 years ago in my head.

Anyway, I digress, where I was going was that finding parts of my minidisc recorder led me to recording some stuff then to editing the files.  That's when I realized that I really missed editing.  In hindsight, I wish I had stuck it out when I was in radio.  Hindsight is 20/20 as they say.

As it goes, all the thoughts in my head turn to pointless ramblings.  Things sound so clear in my head, but as this post seems to be leading is more of a journal entry where I'm allowed to write thoughts out that go nowhere.  So there, I made the post, I make the rules :)

Josh


No comments: